Since the pandemic started it seems like real estate in BC has skyrocketed and as you’ll see by the Big White Ski Resort statistics, the mountain is no exception. The pull to be outdoors, in the mountains, enjoying activities and fresh air seems to be on everyone’s list and they are heading to the resort to do so. The incredible asset about property at Big White is that it’s not just a vacation home. Properties at the resort are known to receive high rental revenue, especially during the busy months, making it even more appealing to buyers and investors.
Big White Ski Resort Statistics
- Big White Ski Resort’s average sale price has reached an increase of 45% over the past 3 years. In 2018 the average sale price was $351,693 and 2021’s year to date average is $510,123.
- The number of sales happening at the resort has also dramatically increased 95% from the previous year. YTD 2021 number of sales is 167. A huge leap from the same time period in 2020 when the number of sales was 85.
- With the increased number of sales in mind, the volume of sales has seen major upward movement and we are seeing a YTD sales volume of 85M. When compared to Jan-Aug 2020 it’s a 123% increase.
- Prices are up, and the average days spent on the market is down considerably. YTD the average days to sell sits at just 60 days. A dramatic 40% decrease from 2020’s average.
- Also seeing an increase is the close price to list price. YTD 2021 is sitting at 98.5% – up from last year’s 96.8% average.
Increasing prices, lower days to sell, and everyone looking for that perfect mountain property creates this beautiful storm we are in right now. With massive expansions planned in the coming years, investing at Big White has never been more appealing.
For more information or to chat about your options on the mountain, reach out today HERE